Quantcast

welcome

upcoming fights

  • ISAAC CHILEMBA
    vs.OLEKSANDR GVOZDYK 11/19 - 10pm
    HBO PPV
  • MAURICE HOOKER
    vs.DARLEY PEREZ 11/19 - 10pm
    HBO PPV

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr: Send Me The Contract And I'll Sign It

The drama continues.

The all-Mexican fight between Saul 'Canleo' Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has been in the works for weeks yet until now it hasn't been set in stone. It was initially reported that the financial part of the deal was responsible for the delay. Next was supposedly the weight. 

In the latest saga, boxingscene.com reports that Julio Jr. has agreed to all the conditions of the supposed contract and that he is waiting to get his hands on it to sign on the dotted line:

"I do not have the contract yet, but it seems that already everything was accepted, everything they wanted, we dropped [the weight] from 165 to 164.5 pounds. The guarantee for me [on the revenue end]... I don't even think that it reaches 20-30 percent. I wanted to fight him. A lot of people told me not to fight because just like he did with [Gennady] Golovkin - they abuse the negotiations. I do not know if Oscar de la Hoya or Canelo is ready, but I'm ready. I'm going to prepare like never before," 

Chavez Jr.'s statement was in reaction to Canelo's promoter who earlier claimed otherwise.

On Wednesday, Alvarez's promoter Oscar De La Hoya claimed that Chavez already has the contract and urged him to sign it. Tweeted De La Hoya:

So where is the contract, really? That remains a question.

Since last month, the two popular Mexican fighters have been in talks for a Cinco De Mayo weekend bout on May 6. It was earlier believed that the fight would happen at 165 pounds, with Canelo going up in weight and Chavez moving down to make ends meet. But after it was thought to have been verbally agreed upon, the negotations have hit a snag.

Chavez Jr. criticized Canelo for yielding the middleweight instead of defending it against Gennady Golovkin. He also said that the money being offered to him by Golden Boy wasn't enough and that Canelo's ego was making it hard for the fight to happen. 

With Junior now confirming that he's agreed to the financial terms and the half-pound reduction from the initial 165 pound catch weight, the fight seems inevitable despite the fact that we don't know who really has the contract or if there is even one. In fact, ESPN's Dan Rafael tweeted on Friday that he expects the deal to be done very soon:

Will the two sides finally seal the deal for what is arguably the biggest Mexican fight in recent memory? Stay tuned.

COPYRIGHT 2015 - THROWDOWN FANTASY - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TERMS PRIVACY